We want you to be informed about how we use your data, how we keep it secure and your rights.
Ensuring the Lawful Use of Your Data
We will only use your personal data where we have a lawful basis to use it. We will only use your data where:
(a) it is necessary for us to perform our contract with you (for example, to fulfill your order); or
(b) it might reasonably be expected as part of running our business; and
(c) it does not adversely impact your interests, rights or freedoms.
What Information We Collect from You and How We Use It
Information we collect about you and how we will use it depends on how you interact with us. For example, you might place an order on our Website, contact us with a question by email or phone, make a purchase, or book an appointment in one of the stores that carry our products. The information discussed below provides some examples of the information we collect about you and how we will use it.
We will collect personal data needed to identify you, such as your name, username, password and date of birth. We will also collect your contact details, such as your email address, telephone number and billing/delivery address. We will use your information as detailed below.
To fulfill our contract with you:
- To fulfill your order, for example, by delivering your products to you or to contact you about your order where necessary
Legitimate business purposes:
- To allow you to create an account with us
- To allow you to book an appointment with us or to attend an event
- To communicate with you regarding your order or booking, if you have asked a question or sent us a complaint
- To allow you to complete any surveys we send you (if you wish to), or to comment on or review our products or services, to help us improve them
- To support fraud prevention and detection
Where you consent:
- To send you email newsletters to keep you up-to-date about our products, services, and latest offers, which we think will interest you (only where you consent)
- To allow you to enter competitions, events, or prize draws run by us
We will use the information you provide when you contact us by telephone, by email, by post or on social media as detailed below.
Legitimate business purposes:
- To provide you with the support and customer service you have requested
Legitimate business purposes:
- To administer and to improve our Website, to ensure it is presented in the
- most effective manner for you and to give you the best Website experience and to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website if you choose to do so
- For data analysis, testing, research and statistical statistics to help us improve our products and services
- To keep our Website safe and secure
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Website about products or services that may interest you or them
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we direct to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you
You do not have to give us any of the personal data discussed above. But, if you do not provide us with certain information, we may not be able to ship you with the goods and provide the services you have requested from us.
AUTOMATED DECISION MAKING
We do not currently carry out automated decision-making using information we hold about you.
SHARING YOUR DATA WITH THIRD PARTIES WE TRUST
We share your personal data with third parties we trust to allow us to provide our services to you. When we do share your data with these third parties, we only provide the information they need to perform the service. We have written contracts with them in place requiring them to only use your data for the purpose we specify to them and that your privacy must be secured and respected. The third parties we trust include the following:
- Companies that help us fulfill your orders: Planet Express, Janio, Payo, BoxMe, SAP, Porter, JNE, and Zoomit
- Professional service providers such as website hosting providers, system providers, website analytics providers, advertisers and appointment booking providers, who help us run our business (including Google)
- Social Media or Web platforms to show you products that might interest you while you are browsing the internet: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Gmail;
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so that we can help tackle fraud (including CyberSource, PayPal)
We may also share your personal data connected in a business transaction. Those transactions include a merger, acquisition by another company, an investment in our company or a sale of all or a portion of our assets. In these circumstances, we may need to share your personal data with a prospective buyer, investor and external professional advisors, such as accountants, insurers, lawyers or financial institutions.
We may be required by law to share your personal data with the police, administrative authorities or other enforcement, regulatory or Government bodies. We will only share your personal data with third parties for them to use for their own direct marketing purposes when you have given your consent for us to do so.
INFORMATION WE RECEIVE FROM THIRD PARTIES
We may receive information about you from third parties, such as: (a) companies with which we run competitions and events, such as trade shows; or from organizations we work with, or from publicly available sources, such as Companies House, or information which is published in the media, Depending on your settings or the privacy policies of social media or messaging services, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or WhatsApp, we may collect information about you from these sources, with your permission.
We may combine the information you have given us, with information obtained from other sources, but we will only do this when we have a lawful basis to do so.
SEEING ADVERTISEMENTS FOR OUR WEBSITE ONLINE
We, like many other companies, target HANJAN ads and banners when you are browsing on apps and other websites. We do this by way of various ad exchanges and digital marketing networks.
We use various advertising technologies, for instance, ad tag, cookies, pixels, identifiers and web beacons. We also use services offered by some sites and social networks, for example, Facebook's Custom Audiences. The ads and banners you see are based on information that we hold about you, or on your prior use of our Website. Examples include: (a) products you have browsed previously; (b) content you have read on our Website; or (c) content you have read on HANJAN’s banners or ads that you previously reviewed.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We are a global business and some of our group companies and service providers are located in other countries.
As a result, it may be necessary for the personal data that we collect from you to be transferred to or accessed from outside the US so we can provide our services more effectively.
If you would like further information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are based either inside or outside the US and placed an order on the website, your personal data will be accessed in Singapore by Summer International Inc. and the third parties detailed above.
HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
UPDATING AND CORRECTING
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. If you have an account with us, please keep your details up-to-date.
If you would like to (a) correct or update your personal information; (b) stop receiving emails to your email address; and/or (c) delete any personal information we have about you (d) register a complaint or (e) require more information please send your request to email@example.com.
We are committed to securing your personal data. We take reasonable precautions and follow the industry’s best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. Your personally identifiable information is kept secure and encrypted during the type of transmission. We have put in place suitable physical, electronic, contractual and managerial procedures, including our Information Security Management System and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption, to protect your personal data.
For payments we are using a certified payment gateway provider. All credit card details are encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). All payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. We therefore do not see or keep your credit card information. While we use industry-standard precautions to safeguard your personal information, we cannot guarantee complete security. 100% complete security does not presently exist anywhere online or offline.
HOW CAN I UNSUBSCRIBE FROM MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS?
We enjoy keeping you up-to-date by email about our latest products, services, offers and events. But if you decide that you do not want to receive these communications at any point, you can unsubscribe as follows:
- (1) Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the unsubscribe button on the bottom of any email we send you; or
- (2) If you have an account with us, you can also unsubscribe by going to the Account Information page on the HANJAN website, clicking on Newsletters, and unsubscribing to general subscription.
You have the following rights regarding the personal information we hold about you to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you (commonly known as a "data subject access request") including a copy of it;
- The correction of the personal information that we hold about you if it is not complete or accurate. But if you hold an account with us, you may be able to do this in certain cases yourself by visiting the Account Information page on the HANJAN website;
- The deletion or removal of personal data we hold about you where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it or where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below);
- For our processing of your personal information to be restricted to certain circumstances, for example if you want to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it; and
- To obtain a copy of the personal information you have provided us with and to reuse it elsewhere or to ask us to transfer it to a third party of your choice.
We may ask you for proof of your identity before dealing with your request, as a security measure to protect your data.
Right to Object
Where we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interests, you can ask us to stop processing it. We must do so unless we believe we have an overriding legitimate reason to continue processing your personal data.
- By email at email@example.com; or
- By post at Consumer Relations, Summer International, 10 Central Exchange Green, #03-03 Pixel Building, Singapore 138649
POLICY ON COOKIES / TRACKING TECHNOLOGY / LOGFILES